Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 7 - 7th April 2016 Thursday – Otres 2 Beach

CAMBODIA | Friday, 8 April 2016 | Views [448]

Went to Secret Garden Restaurant on the beach for breakfast. $5 for an American breakfast. Was very filling. We decided to extend our stay here another 3 days. We booked our return bus to Phnom Penh for Tuesday, just at the start of the Cambodia New Year celebrations. After breakfast we headed back to the beach to the Columbus Beach with the blue lounges where we set up for the day. Kevin spoke with Sam and got all the news on Daisy Lewis birth. Our set up at the beach was under the trees and thatched roof, laying on banana lounges sipping glasses of water. The breeze was very pleasant as it cooled the temperature by 5C. We  walked up the beach to where the locals swim which is about 2km away just paddling in the water. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of rubbish on the shoreline. We passed may other restaurants, cafes and hotels. We Had lunch at Columbus café and then I left Kevin there while I came back to hotel. I had started to develop a blister on my heel while walking on the waters edge sand. I chatted with Sue Hutch on the phone and tried to get Netflix / Afl live streaming to work but he internet connection was very dodgy. Later in afternoon I went down to the pool and had a quick dip. Kevin came back from the beach at 4.30 a little sun burned. We went back to Secret Garden Restaurant for dinner where Kevin had satay chicken which he said was the best he has ever had. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.