Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 6 – 6th April 2016 Wednesday – Long day to Sihanoukville

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 7 April 2016 | Views [407]

Up early and across the river for breakfast at a local eatery. I ordered beef noodle soup and Kevin fried noodle with vegetables. We managed to get a nice warm bread roll to dip. Picked up from motel by small bus - Golden Bayon Express. Cost $10 each to Phnom Penh and another $10 each to Sihanoukville. Left Battambang by 8.30 and travelled to Phnom Pehn which took just over 5 hours. Along the way there was a transport drivers strike and the road was blocked so we had to take a detour down the local roads. Well it was an experience. The roads were so dusty you couldn't see in front of you from the dust the cars in front were causing. It's a wonder there wasn't any accidents. Our driver was a maniac who took our lives into his hands every time he passed a car or even 2 cars next to each other. We played chicken many a time with oncoming traffic. I pity the poor tuk tuk drivers and scooter drivers who are forced off the road. We had a wait of half hour in Phnom Phen and then into a bus to Sihanoukville. After 4 ½ hours we arrived. We then needed to get a tuk tuk to take us to our hotel – Golden River Bungalows at Otres 2. They wanted $10 but I managed to talk them down to $6. Arrived at hotel absolutely exhausted after travelling all day. A quick unpack and then a walk  to the beach for something to eat. There was a nice sea breeze and it was lovely to just sit and not feel hot! Never, never will we do a full day of travelling again. Welcome to Daisy Lewis, Kevin's new grand daughter was born today while we travelled. The photos are lovely.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.