Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 48 – 17th June 2015 Wednesday –HoiAn

VIETNAM | Thursday, 18 June 2015 | Views [335]

Went walking to the central market and bought some vinegar, scrubbing brush to clean the shower screen. After breakfast I headed to town to buy some alibaba pants from Quoc Tien at 15 Nguyen Thai Hoc St that Jean-Ann recommended. I couldn't get close as the streets were closed to motorbikes so I parked near the market and walked.  Bought 2 pair for VND $90k each or A$11 for both. Kevin had riden to the beach and wasn't able to get a room with a view and had taken a seat under the main roof. There was no internet or power again this morning. I went walking down the beach to see the 3 Ladies from yesterday but they were not there yet. Late morning a seat came up in our normal hut so we moved. Monika and Jean-ann arrived also. Was talking with them and arranged to catch up for a meal on Friday at the vegetarian Restaurant. Also talked about going to Danang with them for a girls day out. I also asked Jean-Ann if she would help with thenEnglish class on Saturday. She says she will. We will see if it happens. I headed back for lunch and then to my lesson with Ms Le. After I went into town to the silver shop which Monika recommended – Trung and bought a pair of Stirling silver loops to replace the white gold one I lost. I then went to Phuong the tailor who I have used many times in the past. She keeps calling out to Kevin and I whenever we go past her shop. I took in my sundress and picked out the material for two copies. She quoted me initially US$50 for the two. This is A$60 which is outrageous considering I had already had several made at the local tailor for a cost of A$12 each. I told Phuong that I could buy one in Australia for A$15 so why would I pay $30. She adjusted her price and we settled on A$25 each which is still way more than I paid at the local. I agreed as I like Phuong and want to help her. She then said she wants to take Kevin and I out for a meal with her husband. I don't think Kevin will go for that! I headed back to the Homestay and Kevin had come back at 4pm and was just rung his brother Steve and they chatted for quite a while. We headed to Ganesh Indian for dinner and when we got there found they had new glass doors as they have installed air conditioning. It was quite cool inside. We ordered chicken korma, rice and nann bread. Was again a superb meal. Cost VND $320k or about A$20. 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.