Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 45 – 14th June 2015 Sunday – HoiAn

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 June 2015 | Views [308]

Didn't walk again this morning as my foot is sore from wearing flip flops bike riding yesterday and they have rubbed against the sore. After breakfast Kevin headed to the beach while I took advantage of the Internet and updated blog etc. When I got to the beach all the front area was taken and so we grabbed one or the lounges under the main roof. There was a power outage so no fans were working and no internet. What did we ever do before we had Internet.  I chatted with Mitchell and Pat for a while. They have taken a house in Cam Chau, not far from us.  I got the name and number of their agent, Ms Phuong who helped locate a property. We ordered lunch and Kevin headed back to the Homestay while I went to teach. After the first lesson Lisa and I went down to the beach and waded in the water to cool off. While I was there Hien rang and wanted us to go for dinner with her and Hoan, her husband. Agreed to meet them at 7pm and go to Sails Restaurant. Kevin had spent the afternoon riding to the Lighthouse at Cua Dai and back through the rice fields. We met Hien, Hoan and Bo (4 yo daughter) at the Restaurant and they had already ordered some dishes, rice with egg, frogs, and clams. Well we were not going to eat the frogs or clams! Kevin ordered beef and I some stir fried vegetables. Hien also ordered some Pork but it was heavy with chilli and so we couldn't eat it. What a waste. We were the only Westerners in the Restaurant and it was a noisy place. Kevin's beef came out on a plate sitting in marinade. Uncooked. They then bought a plate of raw vegetable and a pot of coals with a grill plate so you can cook the dish yourself. Hien did the cooking and the serving. The beef is placed in a lot leaf with vegetables and wrapped.  Tasted yummy. The frogs legs look revolting. We heard after that they skin the frog while it is alive and then cook it. Would have to say it was a very average meal and we won't be going back there. We paid – cost VND $500k or A$30.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.