Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 8 - 8th May 2015 - To Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 May 2015 | Views [269]

 

I got up and went for a walk around the Lake while Kevin started packing. I only did 2 laps and then headed back to hotel. We headed down for breakfast and the Fowler family was just leaving for their flight to Hue. Said goodbye and arranged to call them to try and catch up for a meal in HoiAn. After breakfast we packed and found we had to put even more in the hand luggage. Felt like pack horses with all our gear. We headed to reception area and spoke with Ms Jan and Richie before our car came. Well, we had the lunatic from hell. He weaved and rode the horn all the way to the airport. We made it in record time. After checking in we went through to departures to wait. Our plane was the most modern we have ever travelled on within Vietnam. It had 3 seats on each side. We managed to fluke the exit row. Duc was there waiting for us and his friend came in a private car to collect us. Duc had a bouquet of flowers for me that Vang had made. It was very touching. Duc’s English is much better than 2 years ago. We stopped at a roadside café for a bite to eat as it is now 2pm. We all had My Ga Ta which is dry chicken noodle and salad and crisp rice paper soup. It was very spicy and obviously had chilli. My mouth was burning and mine and Kevin's nose was now very clear. We paid VND $160k for all four of us. About A$10. We arrived at Countryside Moon Homestay and met the owners Mrs Cuc (cock) and Mr Dung(Youm). Also the receptionist Huynh (Hun) and their 2 children –son Tung (Doung) and daughter Dram (Drum). They were all very nice people and very welcoming. Our room is very spacious with 2 king size beds. We unpacked our suitcases and it was nice to have everything packed away. We decided to go over to Betel Garden to see the staff. When we got there Dong was the only one there and he welcomed us joyously. We wondered around and looked at all the changes that have happened in the past 2 years. They have built a new kitchen and restaurant and Ms Le family now lives in the entire family house and they do not rent the smaller rooms for guests. We decided to order a Green Saigon beer while we chatted. Sone Vang and Ms Le returned from shopping and we chatted some more. I discussed volunteer teaching and they said a couple from England were volunteering at An Bang Beach. I went over and chatted with them and found out where to go. School is on Sat and Sun 2-5pm and Tues 5-6pm for adults. Ms Le invited us to the family dinner at Betel Garden on Sunday night. We headed back to our Homestay and had a shake for tea.. We had asked Mr Dung to stock up on Green Saigon Beer and he went and got a carton for VND $160k which is 0.40 cents a bottle. Not bad considering the bottles are 450ml.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.