Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 153 - 23rd September 2014 Parted Company from Mum and Dad

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 27 September 2014 | Views [493]

Day 153 23rd September 2014 Tuesday. Mums 78th birthday today. We left the free camp at 6.50 and travelled the 265km to Ceduna. We stopped at the quarantine point 1km west of Ceduna to be checked for banned fruit and vegetables. We had already stopped a little further back to eat the last of our apples and oranges. We got fuel and then headed to the supermarket to replenish our fruit and veggies. It was a t Ceduna that I said goodbye to mum and dad at 11am as they were continuing on a direct route home and I was heading off to Streaky Bay to catch up with Pam and Cliff Edmunds for a few days. We had been together for 22 weeks and had travelled 17,500km. I arrived at 12.30 and set up. I was lucky that the chap behind me asked would I like him to move his vehicle so I could drive through. Of course I said. This chap was from Mt Gambier, Trevor Jacobs. After lunch I rang Pam and headed around to her house. They live right on the seafront in a lovely home. Pam took me for a drive around town to see the new bowling club, the boat ramp and other points of interest. Cliff had been working at the bowls club all day putting up the new fencing around the greens. The clubhouse is massive as it caters for Football, Netball, Tennis and Lawn Bowls. The new complex and facilities cost in excess of $1M and has run $500-800k over budget. Pam cooked a roast pork for tea which was yummy.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.