Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 151 - 21st September 2014 Nullarbor Crossing

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 27 September 2014 | Views [448]

Day 151 21st September 2014 Sunday. Up and on the road by 6.30am. It was going to be another hot and windy day. Expecting 34C and winds NE. Stopped at Balladonia Roadhouse which was only 200km down the track for fuel. Dad grabbed something to eat and then it was onto Caiguna. Along the way we went on the longest straightest stretch of road in Australia (146.6km). The wind has started to blow more and it was noticeably a strong side/head wind. After lunch I put one jerry can (20lt) into car and we kept going for another 150km to a free camp at Jilah Rockhole which is just 10km short of Mundrabilla. The last part of the journey was into strong winds and when we pulled up at 3.30pm we had been on the road for 9 hours and travelled approx. 630km. Along the way we had to put our clocks forward 45min.At the camp there was already at least 15 caravans set up. We found a spot further back from the road but we still copped the dust whirled up by the winds. Quickly setup and got a beer.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.