Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 114 - 16th August 2014 Coalseam Conservation Park

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 23 August 2014 | Views [427]

Day 114 16th August 2014 Saturday. Kevin went walking at 8.00am and once we were all ready we headed to Coalseam Conservation Park which is some 60km away. We passed through the northern wheatbelt region of WA and saw many crops which all looked to be in good condition despite lack of rain. On the way we stopped at the historical Batterabby Graves where 5 aboriginals were hanged in 1865 for killing a white person. At Coalseam we went first to the River Bend which is close to Irwin River which is mostly dry and surrounded by a striking cliff face with layered rock. There were masses of yellow flowers in this region. We then went to Irwin Lookout and had morning tea and then wondered around among the flowers  and along the cliff tops. We then went to Fossil picnic site and came across a float with 2 horses who were having trouble loading the horses back on the float. A lot of colourful words were said. Didn’t find any fossils. Headed to Miners walk trail where we wondered across the river bed to the platform above the disused Johnson Coal shaft. Overall we felt the flowers were the best we had seen to date as they were abundant. We got back in time to set up Foxtel for Kevin to watch his beloved Port play Gold Coast. What a nail biter. I watched a movie while this was on. Mum and dad wondered to the bowling green across the road where there was a carnival on. Artificial green full of teams from around the district. Caught up with Marg and Don who live at Woodcroft. Don used to work for Cameron Caravans. Chatted over a beer and red wine for a couple of hours. They told us about the massive display of wreath flowers out of Perenjori.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.