Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 90 - 23rd July. To Exmouth and exploring the area

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 26 July 2014 | Views [338]

Day 90 23rd July 2014 Wednesday. It was so cold overnight I got up and turned the gas heater on at about 5am. Packed and on the road by 7.45am. Only had 220km to travel today. Winds were more favourable and so got quite good mileage. We passed through Exmouth and our fuel situation was grim. The low fuel light came on and we had to decide whether to stop and put the jerry can in or keep going. We kept going and made it to the caravan park with 8lt to spare. Set up and had lunch. WE then headed to Exmouth to the visitor centre, some 20km from the Lighthouse Caravan Park. Kevin and I book to go  on the 3 Islands swim with the whale shark tour. We wondered around the shops and got supplies. We drove to the Marina and had a look around. We then went to Town Beach which is a tidal beach with good swimming at high tide and a great picnic area. We headed back toward the Lighthouse and called in on Bundegi Beach which is the start of the Nigaloo Marine Park and again a good spot for swimming, snorkling and fishing. We saw SS Mildura Wreck, a cattle ship destroyed when it clipped the reef during a cyclone in 1907 at the tip of the North West Cape. We then called into a number of spots along Lighthouse Bay which has access tracks from Mildura Wreck Road. We dropped Kevin back at the park so he could go for a walk and the rest of us drove to Vlamingh Head Lighthouse. It was interesting as the site had WW11 duties and the views along the coast line were terrific. The deep colour of the water was a colour I have only seen in pictures. We then went down to the Jurabi Turtle Centre which is a display explaining and trying to minimise the impact of human disturbance on nesting marine turtles along the Ningaloo Coast. We then called into Mauritius Beach, a clothing optional beach and Janzs and Wobiri beaches looking for the best fishing spot. After all this exploring we headed home. I experienced some back spasms while getting tea and this laid me up for the rest of the night so no cards.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.