Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 87 - 19th July 2014 Karratha retail fix

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 July 2014 | Views [428]

Day 87 19th July 2014 Saturday. Packed and headed back to Dampier Caravan Park. Caravan Park is very small and does not have water to the van. They will allow us to fill up our tanks when we leave. Only 3 Showers and toilets for each gender. Set up by 9.45am  and then headed into Karratha to look at the shops. It is approx.  20km to Karratha. The town itself is very new and only been here since 1972 and is way modern with a population of approx. 20k.  It has all the facilities you would expect.  It was nice to have a retail fix. Went into Target, K Mart, Retro Vision, Harvey Norman and some shoe shops. Had lunch at Subway and then headed back to the park. Kevin went for a walk to explore Dampier while dad, mum and I headed to Hampton Harbour and the swim beach area to try our luck at fishing. We are now using smaller hooks and lighter sinkers than at 80 Mile Beach and we caught 1 Yellowfin Bream Each. Dad threw back a flathead as he couldn’t be bothered cleaning it as we wanted to go home. Played sevens tonight as things are getting a little tense with the cards.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.