Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 69 - 1st July 2014 Broome to Barn Hill Station

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 5 July 2014 | Views [412]

Day 69 – 1st July 2014 Tuesday. Sad day to be leaving Broome. Have enjoyed our time here. Finished packing gear, awning, floor mat, sat dish etc. Left at 8.45am and filled up the jerry cans and 4WD with fuel. Took 2 hours to get to Barn Hill Cattle Station. The road in from the road was a red dusty road and it was 10km to the office. At Barn Hill they have a caravan park with powered sites, canteen and even a bowling green. The amenities are tin sheds consisting of 4 shower stalls and 4 toilet stalls in a row opposite each other. There is no roof and the floor is concrete. We booked in to unpowered area which was a little further along the cliff tops overlooking the beach areas and red cliffs. Very beautiful scenery. We set up just back from the first row along the cliff as all the good spots were taken. Just our luck the water tap at our site was leaking like a sieve and the black pipe leading to the tap had a nice split in it and water was gushing out. Our water pressure was on a par with Broomes. Shocking. After setting up, including putting up the new awning on the offside which was facing west and having lunch we headed down to the beach with our fishing gear. The beach on the northern end of the bluff was long, sandy curved bay with sandstone cliffs and rocks. While dad and I fished Kevin went walking along the beach to the point and beyond to a second point as the tide was low. This took him 1 hour 45 minutes. We didn’t get any bites or fish. Later in avo mum, dad and I went around through the caravan park to the southern beach area. This was also a long curved bay but with red cliffs. The tide was now at low point and the beach was very wide. Unfortunately you are unable to take vehicles on the beach unless you are launching a boat. Hit the showers and discovered that the hot water is from the sun shining on the black poly pipes so it is best to shower in the middle of the day when the sun is shining. Canasta again after tea. Kevin and mum were victors.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.