Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 58 - 20th June 2014 Willy Creek Pearl Farm

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 22 June 2014 | Views [347]

Day 58 – 20th June 2014 Friday. Did a few chores like cleaning off the bird poop from the front of the caravan, the awning and the car before we headed off at 9.00am to Willy Creek Pearl Farm to do the self drive tour. It took about an 40  min to arrive at Willy Creek and then Kevin and I went on the 2 hour tour. Cost $120. As we were getting out of the car another vehicle pulled up and this guy says its nice to see another SA. He said he was from Berri. I mentioned friends of ours Kerry and Dennis Treloar and then Merilyn Millar walked around the vehicle. It was Cliff, Merilyn and her sister Denise. Chatted with them throughout the tour. Enjoyed the tour as it gave you an insight into how they seed the oyster and rack them etc. We had packed a lunch so sat in the shade and enjoyed cold sausage rolls and a cold drink. Got back to van around 1pm and Kevin decided to go to the beach again to sunbake and read his book. I updated the blog. Went with mum and dad to look at the Chinese and Japanese cemetery. It was a little disappointing as we could not get access to the Japanese part due to a locked gate.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.