Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 50 - 12th June 2014 Lazy Day Broome

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 14 June 2014 | Views [287]

Day 50 – 12th June 2014 Thursday. Lazy day. Mum, Dad and I headed into town to explore Chinatown. Kevin of course didn’t want to come shopping and he went walking. We went into a few pearl shops and I didn’t think I liked pearls but I saw some stuff I liked. We only managed to look at shops in one and half streets. After lunch I still had some chores to do. I went to Kimberley Camping to look at a shade for the off side of the van. Could only get an 18’ shade when I really wanted a 20’ length. The lady was very helpful and suggested buying a large 20’x8’ floor and to take it to the upholsterer and get them to sew a rope on the long side. Great idea and this is what I ended up doing. Total cost $110 v $160 for 18’ shade. Also called into battery shop and they were able to fix my Thumper Battery which had a loose connection on one of the plugs. Left it overnight for them to fix. Dropped into Bunnings to get a replacement shackle for the one we have lost. Dad had gone fishing again and caught 3 fish. Invited us for tea but it was Happy hour night at the caravan park and sausage sizzle. Headed down and sat with Jamie and Chris from Angas Waters Qld which is north of Bundeberg. Got talking about Vietnam. Enjoyable evening.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.