Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 36 - 29th May 2014 Fishing expedition

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 May 2014 | Views [275]

Day 36 – 29th May 2014. Kevin again we nt for a walk early while it ws still cool. I prepared dinner (slow cook) and set that going. Headed into Information Centre at 9.00 to book for the Bungle Bungles. When we got back we decide to head out of town to try and find the road where you could buy fresh fruit and veg. Bought some bananas. We then went to the Swim Beach on Lake Kununurra and swam with our noodles. Mum chickened out and sat on the bank. Back to vans for lunch and I managed to talk dad into going fishing. We got the rods ready and Kevin was dishing us and said he would pay me $100 if I caught a fish. The challenge was there. We went to the Lions Park near Diversion Dam. I had my 2 rods all set up. One for barramundi and one for bream which we had been told could be caught at this spot. Dad just had one for bream. Ended up that 2 of the rods with floats were to light as they didn’t have sinkers so they were useless. My rod with bait of bacon was hot. Within 5 minutes of casting I had my first fish which was a 40cm catfish. Photo taken as proof.  Well within half hour I had caught 4 catfish and 2 bream. One was underweight so it went back. I saw $$$  signs. Unfortunately I hooked another fish but it got tangled in the woodwork and I lost my hooks / sinkers and we didn’t have any spares. As we had only been out for half hour decided to go back and get more. Showed Kevin my hoist but he was not impressed. Did not catch anything on our return. At 4.30pm headed to swim beach to cool off before heading back. Kevin had stayed back at the van for some me time and he was happy.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.