Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 33 - 26th May 2014 Exploring Kununurra

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 May 2014 | Views [328]

Day 33 – 26th May 2014 Monday. Kevin went running / walking and went to the Lakeside CP for a look. After breakfast we headed off for fuel and to the Sandlewood Factory, the Hoochery Distillery where they make rum and corn whiskey. Kevin and I both tasted a whiskey and liquorice liqueur  and they were strong. Headed across to the Ivanhoe Crossing which is a picturesque feature of the Ord River and also a fishing spot. Several guys were positioned across the crossing trying to catch Barra. We  then went to Kimberley Ornamental Stonecraft which showed Zebra Stone. Stopped at Ivanhoe Coffee & Lunch Bar just before coming back into town and bought home made ice cream. Unfortunately it was not solid and very runny. Both Kevin and I put ours in the freezer for later. Stopped in at the information centre and got some material on the Bungle Bungles and El Questro. Headed back for lunch and a lazy afternoon.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.