Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 32 - 25th May 2014 Lake Argyle to Kununurra

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 May 2014 | Views [352]

Day 32 – 25th May 2014 Sunday. Kevin decided to go for a run down to the Dam Wall and to the Picnic area near the Ord  River / Gorge. He came back exhausted as it is very steep uphill on the way back. Of course he didn’t take any water and so he has now suffered for the rest of the day being dehydrated. After a quick breakfast we went to the pool for our last swim and photo opportunities. We packed up and headed off at 9.15am. We stopped at the slipway where the excess water from the Dam is released and it was a great sight the flowing water over river stones. Near Kununurra mum rang us to say that the bathroom window was open so we called into an information bay to close it. Arrived at KimberleyLake Tourist Park and our site is next to the lagoon. Unfortunately there is no grass and we have had to put down the ground mat. Works well at keeping dirt out. Mum and Dad couldn’t fit their van on the site next to ours due to the trees being too large so they were relocated to a row behind. Headed to Coles to get some fruit and veggies. Had lunch and then a lazy afternoon as nothing is open other than the supermarket. Kevin watched the footy and I went for a quick drive to get my bearings. Went for a swim late avo and it was refreshing and nice sitting in the shade at the pool. As the Kununurra 10 day festival finishes today there were fireworks in the park next to the caravan park so everyone grabbed a chair and went and sat on the banks of the lagoon to watch. Was pretty spectacular and impressive seeing it was free. Fish and chips for tea.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.