Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 30 - 23rd May 2014 To Lake Argyle

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 May 2014 | Views [346]

 

Day 30 – 23rd May 2014. Sat outside in the cool breeze eating breakfast and just enjoying the surrounds. Not in a hurry as we will have to put the clocks back 1.5 hours when we get to the border. Dad changed the oil on the Cruiser and we got away at 9.15am. Got to the border and the formalities were nit what I expected. The guy asked if we had anything. We said no. He said he would need to look in the car and caravan. I opened the door of the van he glanced in the fridge and opened an overhead cupboard which just about spilled its contents on him. He said thanks we could go and I said “what about the car”. He quickly looked in the fridge/freezer. Done. Arrived at Lake Argyle at 9.30am WA time and after lining up for check-in we got our sites and set up. Shortly after Kevin and I walked through reception, booked a cruise for sunset tomorrow and went exploring the infinity pool. Well it is awesome looking out over the Lake, the escarpment as a backdrop. Very impressive. Came back and got our togs on and headed back for a swim. The water was breathtaking cold but once you got in it was good as it relieved the heat. After lunch we had some down time as it was really hot by now and our body clocks were all stuffed up. Later we went exploring to the Water Tank Look-out, the Dam Wall, Ord Hydro Power Station and up along the Ord River Gorge picnic area. We stopped at the Crocodiles & Fishing Ord River Boat Ramp on the way back. Another swim to cool off and it was nearly 5pm. Early tea due  to body clock. Didn’t have any fresh veggies so made a chicken and rice dish. Yummy.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.