Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 26 - 19th May 2014 - Mataranka to Katherine

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 20 May 2014 | Views [464]

 

Day 26 – 19th May 2014 Monday. Kevin went for a run to Bitter Springs and only say 70 Wallabies this morning. We packed up and were ready to leave by 8.30am. We only have 108km today to get to Katherine. Arrived in town at 10.00 and this was too early to go to the Shady Tree Caravan Park where we had booked for 3 nights. We left dad with the vans and wondered down the street. Kevin posted a postcard to his dad and we then hit the dollar shop. Then to the Information Centre. What an amazing place. The staff are so knowledgeable and friendly. Spent a good 40 min here and Kevin was ready to leave after 5 minutes. Headed out to our park which is 6km from town on the Gorge Rd. Park is fantastic. It is a Top Tourist Park and the sites are massive, the toilets so clean. We had lunch and then decided to try the Foxtel / VAST again. Well 2 hours later, temperature at 35C, tempers a little frayed we decided not to get the b……… dish out again ever. Cant work out the problem as we look around at every other van with a satellite dish working!!!! We headed into town and went and filled with fuel at Woolies for $166.9 after 4c discount. We then had to find somewhere to refill a gas bottle that had run out a few days ago. Finally found Fishing and Camping Shop that did the deed for $35. Then to the Hotel to check out beer prices. A carton of Hahn Superdry $49 and I picked up 6 wines for a reasonable price. A quick tour of Woolies for much needed supplies completed the outing. I then went back to information Centre to book a Katherine Gorge Riverboat trip. BBQ on the weber for tea. Cards again – Kevin wanted to play in lieu of watching Footy Show on 7Mate. Unfortunately he didn’t win though.

 

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.