Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 26 - 9th July 2013 - Hoi An

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 10 July 2013 | Views [895]

Went walking out past the local market into the country side and rice paddies. Went further than previous and kept walking thinking the lane would come back to the main road soon. Well after a long while I had to turn back as I wasn’t getting anywhere. We đint go to the beach today á we had some chores we wanted to do. We went to the optometrics recommended by Neville – Food Tour and saw Tuan at Tuan Hung Optic at 305 Nguyen Duy Hieu St. I explained to him the problems I had in Hue and them not being able to do the glasses right. He tested my eyes and played around with the goggles and finally perfect vision. It is going to take 2 days and he asked that I come back tomorrow for a fitting. Yeh a fitting. This will determine whether they can get the lens axis right. As we were here so long we headed back to hotel as we were meeting Hein at 11.10 and going for lunch at her mum’s restaurant where she is the cook.  It was on Phan Chau Trinh St. I had rice with chicken drumstick and Kevin had rolled pork and vegetables which required him to make his own cold rolls. After lunch we headed to Randy’s book xchange on Cam Nam Island and got him to load 16 e-books for a cost of 330,000 dong ie $32.50. Used a program called Caliber to store the database. Will need to investigate when we get home. I started to get stomach pains and had to rush back to the hotel. Kevin went to the market to get a belt and got one for $5. He didn’t stay long as he was touched and hassled continuously. He changed some more money at the gold merchant. I spent the rest of the day and night with gastro. Kevin went off to the family dinner at 7.30pm and met some of the new guests at the hotel. We have lost interest in meeting new people as we leave so soon.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.