Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 19 - 2nd July 2013 - Hoi An

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 3 July 2013 | Views [550]

5.30am off for my walk. Went up to Cua Dai Beach Rd and walked into town and wondered around the quiet streets. Found Lei Loi Street, there has been one in every city we have been to. Am not sure of the significance. Took some good photos. Ran into Kevin as I was coming back down Nguyen Duy Hieu Street. He had picked up the bread rolls for lunch from a local stall. After breakfast we packed for the beach. Jackie the American from LA we had met at dinner last night caught a ride on my bike. Spent a lazy 4 hours again at An Bang Beach, Soul Kitchen. I went for a walk to the north of the beach and saw a sign for An Bang Beach Seaside Homestay and went to investigate. Was really very nice set in the sand dunes above the beach. When I returned to the beach I talked with a couple who were staying there and they were very impressed. Will need to do some research on theis place. Returned to hotel at 1.30pm. Went into the tailor and Kevins shirt and shorts were ready. Fit him like a glove and he is very happy. He ordered another of each. We had given Jackie a ride to the tailor and we left her there ordering different things. Arranged to meet her for tea at Dao Tien Riverside Restaurant later. We went back to hotel and met Vang near her home and she took us to look at her block of land that she has purchased in the countryside about 10 min from hotel. The block is 7 x 18 and cost $10,000. She is going to build a one room home on it initially for $4,000 as it is expensive to build a proper house ie another $15,000. The owner's husband has helped her select the land and as he works for the government he is able to pull a few strings. Vang gets title at the end of July and hopes to build in August before the rains. After looking at the block we went for a coffee and juice with Vang. Had a lovely meal at the restuarant that night and a lively conversation with Jackie. She again wants a lift to the beach tomorrow and is also going on the Taste of HoiAn Food Tour on Thursday the same as us. Tomorrow I will need to start looking at the tailor but really need to be in the right frame of mind. My feet have now swollen the last 2 nights while sitting at dinner and I will need to watch this. It is quite painful. Kevin's also swelled last night at the hotel family dinner.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.