Existing Member?

Cambodia and Vietnam 2016 A quick look at Cambodia and then visiting our favourite country, Vietnam for a 5 month stay. Look out Hoian here we come!!!

Day 14 - 27th June 2013 - Hue

VIETNAM | Friday, 28 June 2013 | Views [446]

Up early and off for a walk. I headed over the first bridge and decided to go to the citadel and have a look around. On the way to the first bridge over the moat I rolled my ankle on the uneven footpath. Told myself to "Toughen up Princess" and kept going. At the first bridge I turned before crossing and went dơn a small laneway toward the second bridge over moat. Crossed thís bridge and went behind the big wall to inner area. Big open area before you get to the citadel itself which ís behind another big wall. Covers many city blocks in size. Walked dơn to third bridge over moat and exited back to the real world òf people and m/bikes. Headed through a park back to the second bridge across Perfume River and taking phốto along the way when after taking a phôt I stumbled over a small wall and knocked my shin. Ouch it hurt and bled dơwn my leg. Remember - Toughen up Princess. By the time I got back to motel I had bên gone for 1 hour 20 min and was satuated even though it was still before 7am. Kevin had also walked through the citadel area and so after breakie we decided to pay our money and walk through. We negotiated with a cyclo driver for the ride over ás it was now getting quite hot.  Settled on 60,000 dong which is $3. Starting price was 250,000 dong ie $12.50. Pổor bugga had to peddle our combined weight over the bridge. He dropped ús of and said he would wait for ús for 2 hours. Cóst $6 each entry and we wondered around and some òf the buildings were from 9th century. After 1 1/2 hours we were ẽxhausted and decided to leave. Our cyclo man tried to get ús to go to the museum which is part of the entry price but we were over it all. After lunch Kevin headed out for a wonder and came back and suggested we go for a swim at Huong Giang Hotel (he stayed hểre with hís  family in 2007). Off we go and pay our 70,000 dong each for the privelage. Therere were 3 other people who also paid to use the facilities. Drinks were expensive at 35,000 dong each ie $1.75 a schooner. Kevin went off to the optometrist to get his sunglasses fixed as a screw was loose and the lens falling out. Went to Little Italy Restuarant for tea and ordered pizza. Kevin said hís was the best he had ever tasted as the crust was nice and thin, just how he likes them. Expensive meal at $16.

About wendyandkevin

Wendy & Kevin all smiles before their trip

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.