Existing Member?

Off and Running

The Happiest Nation on Earth

DENMARK | Wednesday, 28 October 2015 | Views [330]

There is really not much to write about Denmark. I arrived in Copenhagen late at night, the airport was extremely busy and full of beautiful Europeans. I had just arrived from three days of hell and was looking disgusting. Before coming to Denmark I knew hardly anything about the country. All I knew was that it is the happiest nation in the the world, princess Mary lives there and it's expensive. 
 
 
While looking for my hostel I was approached by drunk groups of men chatting me up in Danish, saw a man get beaten up and nearly got hit by a car. Seriously what other challenge was life going to throw at me? I got to my hostel and explained to the guys on reception why I couldn't make it the night before. I showed them the massive cross in my passport which immigration stamped in my passport. One of them said 'Just rip the page out or white it out' and the other said 'At least you're not black'. The hostel was super clean and funky and things must have been looking up for me because I had a whole eight bed dorm to myself. 
 
The next morning I woke up super early so I could make the most of my time in Copenhagen. The sun was shining, it was a beautiful day and l Was feeling good again. I was considering getting a bike to ride but then remembered how crazy it was in Amsterdam and decided to stick to walking. The guy at reception recommended going to the Charlottesburg area a bit further away from the city. I walked around the canal which was super beautiful. There were houseboat cafes, art galleries and funky bike shops. European people look so beautiful riding bikes its ridiculous. They can be riding on a crazy busy road and still have there hair and makeup perfectly intact. When I ride a bike I look like ET. 
 
 
I spent the rest of the morning wandering the main streets of Copenhagen, eating the best bagel ever and struggling with my bags to get to the main bus station. I found Danish people fairly welcoming, except for one rude lady who comoletely ignored me when I was asking for directions. Maybe she didn't hear me and or maybe she was just a bitch, either or, dealing with her was going to be nothing compared to what I had in store with the Germans.
 
 
 

Tags: copenhagen, denmark

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.