Existing Member?

Off and Running

Aurora Borealis Extravaganza

FINLAND | Friday, 18 September 2015 | Views [248]

If you ever have the opportunity to go and see the Aurora Borealis, GO. Plz.

Since I have arrived in Finland I have been constantly checking the aurora forecast. September is one of the best times to see the northern lights and after a couple of weeks of nothing but stars in the sky I was lucky enough to see them three times in one week.

Me eyes hurt

After seeing that the forecast was predicted to be high one night Christina, Lea and I packed our cookies, matches and cameras and headed out to the lake. After a good hour or so of impatiently waiting a faint green light appeared across the sky. Within minutes the whole sky had lit up and colours of green, purple and pink danced across the sky. I was completely speechless and in complete awe. I spent a good ten minutes trying to capture it on my iPhone and gopro but gave up when I realised unless I had a brilliant camera nothing could capture the magic I was witnessing (Photo credit Kristina) All I expected to see was a glimpse of a light in the sky but nature delivered the biggest brightest party and nature cheers for that.

Speechless

The next two nights I spent lying on the pier watching the lights dance by, along with the Milky Way and shooting stars. It was in these moments that I remembered just how wonderful this world can be and what a blessing it is to be alive and to be able to see witness this. THANKS LIFE

Woah

Tags: aurora borealis, finland, lapland

 

 

Travel Answers about Finland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.