Existing Member?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ― Lao Tzu

How do I Plan My Trip to Hawaii

USA | Thursday, 9 February 2017 | Views [705]

Plan my trip to hawaii

Plan my trip to hawaii

Hawaii is one one the most beautiful destinations in the world for the turquoise waters and white sands on each of the islands. I enjoy soaking up the sun while lounging on the beach or exploring the underwater world while scuba diving when spending time in the location. When I plan a solo trip to Hawaii, there are a few ways that I create my itinerary and stay organized as I prepare to leave for paradise.

 

1. Transportation

 

If I want to have more control of my schedule and stay busy, I opt for renting a car to travel around Hawaii. Renting a car makes it easy to get around with a group of friends that I bring with me while traveling. When I want to save money or are traveling to nearby locations, I use the bus, which has multiple stops and routes. When I plan to visit Oahu, the Waikiki Trolley is great to use when I want to explore the Waikiki Aquarium, the Bishop Museum, and Iolani Palace. The trolleys are open-air, which makes for an incredible experience because I'm able to take in the beautiful views of the island while spending time on the road.

 

2. Beach to Visit

 

Visiting the beach is one of the main activities on my itinerary when I plan my trip to Hawaii. It’s difficult to decide which ones to visit. I’ve read a few articles to find out  the best beach in Hawaii. I found that Lanikai and Waikiki Beach are known as a public beach to spend time at where I can stay busy with my friends with plenty of outdoor activities that are available. I enjoy hopping into a kayak and exploring the open waters or getting a glimpse of colorful schools of fish or sea turtles while snorkeling. I also enjoy brushing up on my surfing skills or planning paddleboard lessons from one of the local instructors. The rock walls also make it an incredible place to swim and photograph.

 

3. Accommodations

 

Planning a Hawaii vacation means finding the right hotel to stay at to ensure that I have a home away from home during my trip. I prefer to book a stay at the luxury villa rentals Hawaii where I can take in the beautiful views of the ocean and enjoy a cup of coffee on the patio while basking in the cool breeze. I try to book a villa that includes a kitchen, which makes it easy to prepare meals or snacks without dining out for every meal.

 

It also makes it convenient if a laundry service is available, which allows me to pack fewer clothes. Staying in a Hawaii luxury vacation rental allows me to have more amenities and feel pampered in a fully-furnished space.

 

4. Places to Eat

 

Hawaii trip planning means finding the best places to eat in the local area when I want to indulge in authentic cuisine that encompasses the tropical environment. I plan on visiting Helena's Hawaiian Food, which is a local draw that is known for their kālua pork & pipi kalua short ribs in a casual setting where I can walk in with my sandals on. Nico's Pier 38 is perfect for their seafood that is locally sourced and offers beautiful views of the island with their floor-to-ceiling windows. When my friends and I plan to go out to dinner for the night and dress up, we'll stop by Monkeypod Kitchen where we can dine out on the patio and listen to a live musician play.

 

When writing down places to eat for my trip to Hawaii, I try to avoid chain restaurants that are available back home and instead dine at eateries that offer fresh cuisine. I also look for establishments that have a cozy environment and provide views to the outdoors so I can continue to enjoy staring at the ocean or lush palm trees.

 

5. Things to Do

 

I've learned that the best way to travel and enjoy a memorable trip is to have plenty of adventure and try new activities. When planning my trip to Hawaii, I look for exciting things to do in the local area that is away from many of the tourist sites. Zip lining in the lush jungle is at the top of my list where I can fly high at a fast speed. Taking surf lessons is also a must, which allows me to spend as much time as possible in the ocean and try to catch a few waves. Snorkeling, hiking, and swimming in the water allow me to experience the island and stay busy outside.

 

Tags: hawaii luxury vac, hawaii trip planning, luxury villa rentals hawaii, plan my trip to hawaii, planning a hawaii vacation

About wassana


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.