Existing Member?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ― Lao Tzu

Where to Eat in Koh Samui | Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner

THAILAND | Friday, 26 May 2017 | Views [686]

There is a reason why foodies travel to Koh Samui. The island, nestled in the clear waters of the Gulf of Thailand, has a treasure trove of restaurants and food establishments which specialize in local Thai and other cuisines. This is one of reasons people love Thailand.

 

Choosing where to eat in Koh Samui depends on several things, such as your budget or price point. Luckily the island has a range of options, from affordable street treats to luxurious multi-course meals. Scenic views and dining entertainment are also offered in many establishments, which may be a big thing for some people when choosing places to eat in Koh Samui.

 

Breakfast

 

For those who are looking for healthy breakfast menus, the island has several restaurants and eating establishments specializing in these type of food items. Vegans, vegetarians, and organic food enthusiasts can head down near the Bophut beach area for these options. Some restaurants also offer vegetarian buffet and an impressive salad spread near Chaweng beach, as well as a vegetarian, gluten and MSG free options near Lamai beach. There are food establishments in these areas that offer Western type breakfasts too.

 

Many of these specialty places are attached to a spa or wellness center so you might get tempted to indulge in a massage or spa session. You don’t have to hoard on a few pieces of fresh fruits and energy bars to scrimp on food costs. There are best places to eat in Koh Samui for the health and budget conscious.

 

Brunch

 

Since brunch is a highly anticipated event in Koh Samui, many food establishments are competitive when it comes to enticing customers. Aside from the elevated food options, many of these places offer light entertainment. One of the most popular options is "Sunday Session" at Beach Republic. They provide a lot of food options. A typical brunch food menu, whether you are in a Lamai beach club restaurant or in an establishment in Lipa Noi beach, often consists of local Thai cuisine, a wide range of seafood dishes, and the staple barbecue/grill section. Desserts often include fresh fruit and a mix of sweet and cold concoctions. Of course, what would a brunch be without the flowing drinks and cocktails? Mimosas, anyone?

 

Lunch

 

From Lipa Noi to Chaweng Beach, you can always find several best lunch places to eat in Koh Samui that offer different types of cuisines. For the budget conscious in search of the perfect Thai street food for lunch, several stalls near the fishing village located in Lamai Beach and the lakeside at Chaweng Beach sell traditional Thai curries, noodles, and even Thai-style waffles and papaya salad. Here, barbecued and grilled options are also crowd drawers.

 

Koh Samui-style seafood dishes are also served all over the island. The distinctive taste is produced from a combination of flavors such as coconut milk, hot peppers, and a variety of local herbs.

 

Dinner

 

What to eat in Koh Samui for dinner? This is the last meal of the day. If you want to go on a dining adventure, go to Chaweng beach where most of the beachfront resorts are located, and where there are proverbially many establishments and more choices per square mile.

 

Here, you have the staple Thai restaurant specializing in seafood dishes and classics such as the Pad Thai and Tom Yum. Along restaurant row, there is also a bistro and several restaurants serving Western-style burgers and fries. For a taste of authentic Italian pasta and pizza, try the ristorante down the road. There is also a gastropub that modernizes or elevates European cuisine to a different level. As a caveat, many of the more fancier places require a reservation, so make sure to call ahead of time.

 

So the answer to the question of where to eat in Koh Samui could be a long grocery list of different places around the island. Because there are indeed a lot of wonderful options, in the end, the quest for what to eat in Koh Samui becomes more appropriate once the hunger pangs strike. But fear not! With every meal of the day, there is always something for everyone.

 

About wassana


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.