Existing Member?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” ― Lao Tzu

5 Thailand Luxury Beach Resorts to Put in My 2017 Bucket List

THAILAND | Friday, 20 January 2017 | Views [546]

 Thailand luxury villas with private pool

Thailand luxury villas with private pool

Thailand is home to some of the most beautiful beaches and enchanting resorts in the world. But with so many choices, it's difficult to know where to begin. So we've picked five of the top Thailand luxury beach resorts on five different beaches to give you a range of locales, accommodation options, and activities, without sacrificing style or the genuine Thai experience.

 

1. Rayavadee Resort, Railay Beach

Located approximately 800 kilometers south of Bangkok, the Rayavadee Resort's 96 distinctive two-story pavilions and five sumptuous villas sit nestled in tropical gardens. Each accommodation is superbly appointed, many have their own private pools, and all are within a few minutes' walk to the stunning Railay Beach. Book a private speedboat, find a secluded island, and snorkel or dive the extensive coral reefs. Go on a jungle adventure in neighboring Khao Sok, make a pilgrimage to the famous Tiger Cave Temple, or experience Railay Beach's impressive rock cliffs up close with a guided rock climb. With four dining locations offering gourmet Thai cooking, an exclusive spa and salon, and myriad opportunities for rejuvenation and adventure, Rayavadee Resort is definitely a great choice for your Thailand beach getaway.



2. Pimalai Resort and Spa, Koh Lanta

The name of this five-star resort literally means "little patch of heaven," and with some of the most gorgeous luxury villas in Thailand dotted within 100 acres of lush mountain jungle, this truly is nirvana. Situated on the tip of Koh Lanta, Pimalai is a unique and exclusive resort. The Pool Villas offer contemporary Thai architecture and style, a private sundeck, and a personal infinity pool, all at 60-80 meters above sea level. Other amenities include four resort restaurants, private beach dining, and a lavish spa. Water sports and beach equipment, as well as bicycles are complimentary for all guests. Explore Lanta Island by rental car, or brave your way through Emerald Cave at Koh Muk, a 60-meter tunnel that cuts through a precipitous mountain shaft and ends at a lagoon, both of which can be arranged through the resort.

 

3. Coastal Escape, Koh Yao Noi

If you're looking for a break from busy Phuket, this secluded Koh Yao Noi accommodation is only a 20 minute speedboat ride from the city. Overlooking the breathtaking Phang Nga Bay, the beachfront Coastal Escape is an exclusive hotel, with only four villas available. Each villa is well-appointed, includes a private plunge pool, a "service button" to be pushed for prompt staff attention, and the opportunity for private terrace dining. Known for its award-winning hospitality and service, exceptional food, and beautifully serene quarters, this resort offers privacy alongside its convenience to local restaurants, bars, and shopping. Rent an affordable scooter from the resort to get around town, arrange island excursions, or enjoy a massage in the comfort of your own villa. The Coastal Escape staff will oversee every detail to ensure your stay is unique and indelible.

 

4. The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort, Nong Thale

Off the beaten track and along a tranquil stretch of beach, The Tubkaak Krabi Boutique Resort is an ideal romantic vacation spot. Inspired by local Thai architecture, each villa and suite compliments its lush surroundings, and the private outdoor bathtubs and personal pools lend a secluded luxury to your stay. Ensconced in trees with a spectacular beach view, the hotel's main restaurant Arundina serves gourmet Thai cuisine. The resort's alternative eatery Di Mare is a tropical Italian bistro on the beach. Indulge in L'Escape Spa or browse for a poolside read in The Library; this is the perfect place to hide away and relax.

 

5. Trisara Phuket, Thalang District

No resort does Thailand luxury villas with private pool better than the famous Trisara Phuket. Each villa and residence enjoys a fabulous view of the exclusive beachfront, a personal infinity pool, and an intimate outdoor shower. The service is impeccable, and the dining at each of the resort's four restaurants is delicious with the iconic Trisara Sunday Jazz Brunch known as the most excellent brunch on Phuket. Arrange a private helicopter flight over Phang Nga Bay, play a round of golf at the nearby Blue Canyon Country Club, or spend a day at the spa, this family-friendly resort has something for everyone.



Tags: luxury retreats thailand, thailand luxury beach resorts, thailand luxury villas, thailand private pool villas

About wassana


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.