Existing Member?

Don't foget to pack a smile A journal of an aussie gal's adventures while living and working in UK and riding the wave that is travel

T is for travel

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [539]

Well tonite I just went throught my diary and blocked out all my holidays, activties and commitments and etc, and im practically booked up for the next two months, how ridiculous is that.. what i also realised is that you all dont really know what i have planned or what im up to.. so here is a bit of a breakdown .

June 21 - Ascot races - going to the famous races where the royal family will be poincing all about.

June 28 - Wimbledon - going to try and line up and snaffle tickets to see a match, any match.

July 3-10 - Pamplona, Spain. - going to running of the bulls, i will be running in it, althought not traditional for girls to do it, i will do it. Mind u it will be well before hte race starts and i wont even see a bull, just want to say i ran it.

July 18 - weekend in manchester - visitng brett and going to check out liverpool, blackpool, southport and leeds.

Mid - end July - One wekeend road trip, hiring a car and going to Cambridge, Stratford upon avon (where shakespeare was born), Bath, Stonehenge, Oxford and Windsor with two of the girls.

August 8-10 - Brett (my favourite gay friend) is coming to visit london, going on a day trip to brighton and doing all the mod art exhibitions in london.

August 22-26 (long weekend) road trip to lake district, spending three days driving around yorkshire moors, yorkshire dales and lake district.

October 27-November 9 - Egpyt - going with cathy and carmen to egypt on tour we go to valley of kings, sphinx, tutankamen, and for a cruise on a felucca on the Nile for two days as well..as going to the bazzaar in Cairo and other activities.

December 1-22 - mick arrives, going to italy, germany, france, austria, turkey, amsterdam and poland.

December 22-27 - White christmas in bulgaria, spending it in a chalet with a couple friend of ours. staying in borovets and in a wooden chalet in hte middle of an alpine forest, will attend a bulgaria feast for xmas dinner and go skiing while there.

December 28-Jan 4 - Visiting scotalnd and spending new yeas in edinburgh celebrating hogmannay.

Jan 4-Jan 9 - Visitng ireland on shamrocker tours for a 5 day tour of the region.

So got a lot planned so far, also on the cards is wanting to go to a polo match, its so typically english it would be fun.. also go to a high tea with the girls in the berkley hotel, go to a show at shakespeare's globe, see romeo and juliet in the forest, go on a tour of buckinham palace (only open in summer), visit hampton court palace (where henry 8th spent a lot time),go to ramsay's restaurant in chelsea with mick, and other fun little day trips around the area.

But at least it gives u all an idea of exactly what is going on in my world, as u can imagine its more than just a little hectic lol but its exciting and its great to see a lot of things i have been dreaming of seeing for so long.

anyways, i hope all is well with everyone, i will fill u all in on how my ascot adventures go :) Missing everyone so much, homesickness sucks but hopefully by keeping busy I'll get thru it all.

xxxxxxxx

lots of love

jess

About wandering_jess


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.