Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Ko Pha-Ngan, The Party Island

THAILAND | Tuesday, 27 November 2012 | Views [237]

Full Moon Party, Ko Pha-Ngan

Full Moon Party, Ko Pha-Ngan

Before we had arrived in Ko Pha-Ngan, Jodie had booked us into Smile Beach Resort in Haad Salad.  She used Hostel World to find us cheep accommodation (If you don't have the app on your smart phone.... Get it!)

This was cheaper than Phi Phi at 175 baht (£3.54) each a night and we had our own private shack and bathroom.  The staff here were great and I would very much recommend staying here.  The only thing we didn't have was wifi which you had to pay 300 baht for 10 hours but every time we ate in the restaurant we would get free Internet time for the computers so not all was doom and gloom!
 
Haad Salad is about a 30-40 min drive from Haad Rin but we managed to get the ride in from our hotel for 100 baht each.  It was nice to be out of the hustle and bustle.
 
As we were checking in Hannah introduced herself and asked if we wanted to join a load of girls at the Jungle Party that night.  So we got ready and we met Helen and Faye also.  The Jungle party was great although the entry fee was 300 baht... Something to bear in mind when taking out drink money... I could only afford one drink after taxis and entrance.
 
The next day was the famous FULL MOON PARTY.  During the day Jodie and I hired a scooter to drive into Haad Rin to find bright clothing to wear.  We went to the Full Moon Party with Hannah, Helen and Faye. It was so much better than I expected. Of course, as you do.... We all got matching tattoos :) shlaaaaags for life!!!
 
I hadn't mentioned that it had rained every day in Thailand so far, so no chance of sunbathing and what little tan I had got in Australia was fading rapidly. It poured it down on the night of the Full Moon although this just added to the fun of it... We all danced in the rain until 6am.
 
Jodie and I had only planned to stay in Ko Phangan for 3 nights but we booked in for an extra 3 because we got on with the girls so well.  We paid for 2 nights and got the 3rd for free :)
 
On the Saturday we all hired a Jeep! Hannah drove first.  The hills were so steep and you had to go up them in first geer even though it sounded like it was going to blow up.  Hannah tried to change geer up the hill and we had to roll all the way back down to the bottom.  It was pretty scary but funny at the same time.  Luckily there were no steep edges at this point.  I jumped in and I floored it up the hill.... My instructor did always said I had a heavy right foot.
 
We went to see the Waterfalls and we saw elephants and a monkey.  We found an English pub called 'The Masons Arms' and I had the yummiest chicken, sweetcorn and mayo baguette.
 
I had my first Thai massage in a shack over looking the beach.  I was disappointed with mine since she didn't seem to be as good as the one Jodie had although Jodie didn't enjoy being battered!! 
 
On the Sunday we headed back to the Masons Arms for a Sunday Roast.... Boy had I missed Yorkshire puddings... It was delicious.
 
Gonna miss the shlaaaaags heaps...
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: full moon party, haad salad, jeep, kophangan, smile beach resort, the masons arms

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.