Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Koh Tao, My Favorite Spot

THAILAND | Thursday, 6 December 2012 | Views [295]

Sairee Beach, Koh Tao

Sairee Beach, Koh Tao

Koh Tao is my favorite of the Thailand Islands because it still remains almost untouched by tourists but at the same time had plenty for tourists see and do.

At first we were just going to do a day trip to Koh Tao as we had heard it was only really good for diving and snorkeling.  Just so happens that there was no electricity on Koh Samui and we had planned to do our day trip from there.  When we asked if there was electricity on Koh Tao, the reply was yes and with that we decided to go.  We had then planned to stay two nights and then head down to Krabi (we had to fit so much in to 10 days). We ended up staying for four nights, wishing we had longer upon leaving!!

We stayed in Asia Divers Resort which had its own pool.

Koh Tao's Sairee Beach was just amazing.  The water was so blue and calm and the palm trees that were made to grow towards the water were just beautiful.  We brought lilos and just lay in the sea floating about... It was bliss but there was not enough time spent on this island!!! If you go to Thailand... You must visit Koh Tao.

Jodie, Rebecca and I joined a Dive group and went Snorkeling.  We saw some amazing fish and had a really great afternoon.

The sunsets at Lotus Bar were just breath taking.  I could have sat on the cushions all night drinking my Watermelon and Malibu shake while watching the sunset and chatting to new friends but we had to go and get ready for the 'Lady Boy Show' (See separate story for Lady Boy Show)

By night the places to hang out were 'The Queens Cabaret' which had a different show (Lady Boy) every night starting at 9pm and then on to Lotus Bar or Fish Bowl.

Peace and Love

Zoe xxx

Tags: lady boy show, lotus, snorkeling, sunset, the queens cabaret

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.