Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Phuket Town, Patong Beach

THAILAND | Wednesday, 21 November 2012 | Views [485]

Patong Beach, Phuket

Patong Beach, Phuket

I arrived in Phuket and was GREATED by Jodie....We walked outside the terminal and were BOMBARDED with locals shouting 'Taxi' at us. One man told us he would take us to Patong Beach for 1,500 Baht. Jodie had previously emailed the Hotel and they had said they would pick us up for 400 baht each, so already I knew he was trying to pull our pants down... The bartering began!!!  After a lot of standing around, we got a price of 150 baht each... NEVER take the first price!! LESSON ONE!!

We stayed at Square One which has been our most expensive accommodation to date in South East Asia at 800 baht a night which is only about £16. Pretty damn good!
 
We wondered around the markets while the locals only seemed to know the following... 'Cheap, cheap' 'Look' 'You buy from me' 'Taxi' 'You want dvd' You kinda got used to it!! 
 
Phuket is great for shopping. Everything is fake but the Ray Bans are great at 150 Baht each which is about £3 and you can get some nice t.shirts, sandels, bags and almost any DVD you could want.  I brought the whole First Series of Revenge for 360 Baht which is just over £7.
 
Of course we got asked if we wanted to see a Ping Pong Show... Probably because we were crossing the road holding hands... They did seem to jump on us from no where!  I had heard so much about them, it had to be done!! It was like the 5 days of Thailand.... Sang to the tune of the 5 days of christmas... 
 
5 Gold Fish
4 Cigarettes
3 Green Frogs
2 Ping Pongs
and a Budgie in a Fanny. 
 
We were told it was free and only had to pay for drinks. Once we were in the bar the cheapest drink was a coke at 900 baht. Although it was a lot of money, I made it last the whole show and I am still pretty happy I went. I even got up on stage and was shot with a pin from a woman's fanny to a balloon in between my legs!! I had to then pay 100 baht for the privilege but no one else would do it and Im pretty game to try most stuff so it was entertainment for everyone!!
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: bartering, patong beach, phuket, ping pong show

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.