Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Victoria- On The Move

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 10 January 2012 | Views [133]

Kelly and Kirsty had arrived in Melbourne the same day on a road trip from Sydney. I booked a transfer from the airport to South Cross. Only I could miss the damn thing and have it waiting for me on the highway while I was driven to the coach by the woman behind the desk :) Aussies are so kind, sure wouldn't get that in England. That night I checked into Nomads in Melbourne Central.

When I checked out of the hostel in the morning the receptionist handed me a note to call my Great Aunt. Mary and Helen picked me up at midday and I went to stay with Mary in Mount Eliza.

During my first five days in Victoria, I visited lots of towns in the Mornington Peninsular with Mary. Frankston is where I caught the train to the city. I went to Chapel Street in South Yara which is a very trendy shopping area and it had the only Topshop in Australia. I bought myself a new camera in the city which I am so pleased with. I can now take great pictures. Mary and I also went up to see the views from Arthur's seat.

I met the girls in the city on the Sunday before our road trip and I met Dara. The four of us spent the day in St Kilda. We took the 96 tram to view the market and we went to Luna Park. In the evening we had a night out with the others from the hostel.

I spent Australia Day in Victoria. This is a public holiday in Australia. Everyone decorates themselves, their cars and their house in Australian hats, tops, stickers and even face paint. I spent the day having a picnic in a park with Mary's friends family. Her name was Maxine. Lovely woman. She gave me lots of Dior Freebies. In the evening we went to Mornington to see a firework display. 

Peace and Love

Zoe xxx

Tags: australia, australia day, melbourne, victoria

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.