Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

Travel Often, Work Hard & Play Harder

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 6 June 2013 | Views [443]

At school when I had to think about what I wanted to do when I left and while writing my personal statement, I couldn't think of anything I liked more than the thought of travel. I had only been to Jersey and Greece but I can remember thinking I would like to 'Plane Hop' This was my way of expressing a working holiday whereby I would fly to a destination, explore it while working there and save enough money to go to the next destination. 
 
This was just a dream, I dreamt of peace and tranquility, free from material things, the thought of wearing no make up and even dreadlocks crossed my mind, walking barefoot, safari's, volunteering in third world countries, to name but a few of my thoughts.
 
My dream came true and I wouldn't have it any other way.... A born wanderer! People say I am lucky and ask how I can afford all the travel I do. I was lucky that my mum gave me some money when I flew to Australia to get me through before finding a job. Australia is expensive so it didn't last long but I have been able to find work along the way to save for my travels and it is very easy to do. I will post a blog about finding work in Australia to help anyone who is interested.
 
Please see blog 'I want to live and work in Australia...How do I go about it?'
 
Peace and Love 
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: australia, dream, travel, travelling, wanderlust, working holiday

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.