Existing Member?

Wander + Share ✈ Wanderlust takes us to faraway places. Love brings us home.

A Wilderness Adventure in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 June 2013 | Views [368]

When its time to go, its time to go... I was eager for a new adventure and so I packed my bags and left the desert for a wilderness adventure in Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory.
 
I took a road trip out with a guy I had met at Innamincka working as a truck driver. James and I spent 12 hours on the road from Innamincka to Adelaide stopping at the Prairie Hotel for lunch on the way which was on the house thanks to my friend Hayley who I had met at Daintree Station last year. I stayed overnight at James parents house in Adelaide before heading to the airport for a flight to Darwin. I spent a day sleeping on the floor in the airport before my next flight out to my new home.
 
There were four of us starting at Seven Spirit Bay on the same day... Molly, Jen, Jock and I took a 45 minute scenic flight from Darwin to the northern coastline of the Coburg peninsula where we landed at Vashon Head at 'Seven Spirit Bay International Airport' more commonly described as a shelter and an airstrip in the dirt.
 
We were picked up by a 4WD that looked like we were about to go on an African Safari highlighting the remoteness of the location and its detachment to the modern world. It was like driving through the jungle, it was so green which was very different from what I had been used to in the desert. It was a 15K drive to the resort. We were all so excited and eager to get there.
 
Along the way Pete told us about the wild Banteng and warned us that we could not swim in the sea as it is home to crocodiles, sharks and box jelly fish. 
 
When we arrived Molly, Jen and I walked around the resort to see what was about and took in some stunning views over the pool and across the beach.... Check out the pictures!!
 
When there are no guests here we have full use of the pool and the resort... I think I am going to really enjoy it here....  A whole new meaning to stay, work and play!!
 
Peace and Love
 
Zoe xxx

Tags: arnhem land, australia, cobourg peninsula, darwin, northern territory, seven spirit bay, wilderness

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.