Existing Member?

WT09 your two favourite gap-yearers make their way around the world armed only with a sense of adventure and a photocopied lonely planet guide to the mekong. wish us luck!

chillin in the fridge (i.e. in angouleme)

FRANCE | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [737] | Comments [3]

hey girls (and boys) hey

as luck, and i like to think karma would have it, the day we returned from our summer holiday at ile d'oleron (the only place we had to wear jeans so far) to angouleme the nice weather came out to play. this was, i think, natures way of telling us that our 3 month run of near perfect weather for whtever we wanted to do was perhaps coming to an end.

anyway, luckily angouleme is a really cute town so the sun meant we could actually get out and see it on a couple of days, while we spent the est of the time chilling and generally taking every oppotunity to sleep in to 11 or 12 without feeling like we were completely wasting the day.

we spent the first few days back at angouleme with manon and her various friends (especially the lovely pauline, who iona mentioned in the last blog), which meant iona got to see a couple of her friends from exchange, and that i finally got to meet them after seeing photos and hearing stories for the past 2 and a half years! another highlight of the days with manon was ou exciting tip to the doctor because iona had a throat infection, which also resulted in a demonstration of my ever present mozzie bites and consequently a bag full of medicine to be split between iona and myself. the french (apparently a nation of hypochondriacs) really do love distributing drugs.

the second half of our week back we went to stay with ionas old host family which was also really good. her old host mum collette is absolutely gorgeous, and went to extraordinary lengths to try and make sure we had a nice time. a particular example of this being when we mentioned it was a shame not to have been able to go to bordeaux and she drove us there the very next day.

it was fantastic as expected, full of amazing old buildings and churches and this enormous park in which iona and i rampaged, once almost accidentally sitting on a woman sleeping on a park bench, but avoiding the obvious embarassment that would bring by noticing her at the very last minute...

while the town of angouleme is maybe not as exciting as places like paris, we really did have a really really nice time there. even though we're not into comic books.

much love,

vivienne (and iona)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ALSO, as you may or may not have noticed, iona and i write pretty much exactly the same way, so now seems to be an appropriate time to tell you that we have pretty much become the same person. don't say we didnt warn you...

Comments

1

Hi Ladies,
Great to hear your voice last night Viv. We thought you were on a normal paid call, otherwise would have talked for ages. Thanks for the PC and this blog. Bad luck about the bike --must have been foreigners in town! All well here. Keep well too and keep enjoying the world. Lots of Love from us.

  G. & G. @ Minimbah Aug 24, 2009 12:34 PM

2

so impressed you hit up angouleme! how i miss our fun times at macdo/quick comparing host family stories! sounds like you're having a great time - can't wait too catch up when you get home in a million months time! X

  laura Aug 24, 2009 9:14 PM

3

You DO write the same way!
Which is good because you are both equally enjoyable to read :)
Hope you're having the time of your lives - but of course you are!
Stay in touch. xoxo

  Stacie Irwin Aug 29, 2009 8:00 AM

About vivienne_and_iona

it got cold

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.