Existing Member?

The world according to Kiwis and Aussies (written by a Pom!) This is about my life in the last 12 months, travelling and seeing the world- or more specifically seeing a small area of South Island NZ ( I'll tell you all about the adventures I've already had cos I've just about finished in NZ now!)and the locals that inhibit this beautiful part of the world...(Don't worry guys I'm talking about the dairy cows as a rule!)

Musings on Australia

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 March 2007 | Views [556]

I was just thinking, when I got here, it actually felt like I was in a foreign country, I know I AM in a foreign country but still... Like when I got to New Zealand I automatically felt at home, here it feels like somewhere quite different, maybe its just the huge numbers of things that could kill you if you had the cheek to look at it. Although I seem to have survived my first day without seeing anything deadly that wasn't behind glass its still a little unnerving! I did see some weird stork bird thing in the gardens this morning, will have to get a picture and get my little brother on the track of identifying it.

This journal thing is getting quite addictive, I'll be spilling my darkest secrets before too much longer...

Tags: Culture

About vik


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.