Existing Member?

The world according to Kiwis and Aussies (written by a Pom!) This is about my life in the last 12 months, travelling and seeing the world- or more specifically seeing a small area of South Island NZ ( I'll tell you all about the adventures I've already had cos I've just about finished in NZ now!)and the locals that inhibit this beautiful part of the world...(Don't worry guys I'm talking about the dairy cows as a rule!)

Crikey Crocs!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 28 March 2007 | Views [946]

Australia Zoo.. no words to describe it, absolute bonzer ripper mate!! You can just tell everyone is committed to keeping the memory of the top man alive, his picture is plastered everywhere and no one's afraid of mentioning him, they're all really proud of everything he did, it's the most amazing place ever! (I spent rather an extreme amount of money at the 4 gift shops all with different stock, clever marketing ploy but baaad idea as far as was concerned so expect lots of crocky goodies!!!) Best bits, croc show, Sue feeding elephants, me feeding roo's, Agro the saltie and Mr Freshy, the kakhi shirt memorials, so sad, but it must be a real comfort to his family that he had such an impact on so many people; and little Bob Irwin trying to say Echidna (on a big screen out-take thingy, sooooo cute!!) And the place is awesome, scenery absolutely stunning, we went up to a lookut a little bit further up and round, and could see all the Glass House Mountains, beautiful, green, slightly tropical, it'd get too hot for me in mid summer though!

 We went to sea world on gold coast (S of Brisbane), I wasn't too happy with that idea to start with but thought I should go before judging the place, and was pleasantly surprised! dolphin and seal shows as well as a dugong (some manatee relation, so cute but possibly dim witted, the one they have was rescued as a newborn and rehabilitated for life in ocean, but managed to get washed up again, so now has permanent home!) and a 60's waterski show with human pyramids and fancy jumps and different types of ski's and wakeboards, very cool! 

Then we had a day in Noosa at the beach, very very nice, although apparently there were some stingy and bitey things in there they avoided me, although other members of the trip weren't so lucky (Ouch!!)! We finished with a day in Brisbane, looking at the river and negotiating city streets in our hire car (mainly successfully) berfore repacking bags at the airport to try and squueze in all the pressies!!

Tags: Sightseeing

About vik


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.