Existing Member?

Pura Vida

Fiesta

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 21 October 2010 | Views [341]

What a sight! The remaining eight WWOOFers and Lady (the small headed / large bodied dog) all piled into the Toyota today for a run into town. The mission was simple – buy some beverages for a small fiesta to help see friends off to their next destination. In town, the car full of gringos caught some glances, but even more so when we arrived at the liquor store and unloaded three boxes of old beer bottles. Having sat under the porch since we arrived in Cuidad Colón, it was a good idea to bring them back and not have to pay the deposit on our new purchases. Naturally the girls were subject to some whistling by men on the corner, but otherwise it was a pretty successful mission.

Sitting shotgun on the ride home, I had a box on my lap that once contained dusty old beer bottles and was stored outside the house for several weeks. I looked down to see a three inch long critter climbing up the side of the box and the internal voice said “COOL! I wonder what kind of bug this is!?” thinking it might be the Harlequin bug I’ve been anxious to see. But before I could finish that thought I realized the crawling creature was none other than a scorpion. Dammit. In a moment of panic, I threw the box straight out the window from our moving car… Of course, rather than hold onto the box and go for a ride, my pincer- and stinger-equipped friend decided to let go and fall somewhere in the car! Panic spread, screams shouted, Mike pulled over and we search the car. The ride home was a bit more exciting after that - especially since we never did find the scorpion…

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.