Existing Member?

Disconnect to Reconnect

Toilet paper and Copying machines

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 14 February 2012 | Views [806]

Apart from family, friends, and school I have perhaps come to miss the luxturies of a copier machine and toilet paper the most. Both of these things are available in Ecuador, but the availability and culture is very different.

Copier Machine: I have become very accustom to creating between 15 and 20 copies of any written or drawn material that is needed in the classroom.

 At the end of my firts week in the class one of the male observers corrected the way that I hold my pencil. Most of the people here write in the exact same way and it is incorrect to do so any other way. To draw the pencil should be held differently, and it would be a shame to write or draw incorrectly infront of a four year old who is just learning. Needless to say that I am improving the clarity of my writting and it has become more Ecuadorian style.

Toilet paper: I have learned the hard way that if someone offers or gives me a roll of toilet paper to take it. Also, DO NOT leave it in the bathroom for others to use, even if you are replacing the roll that was there. If you are going somewhere where you may need to use the toiler bring tiolet paper. Toilet paper is a very precious commodity but not because it is unavailable; most stores sell toilet paper. When it comes to TP, be selfish!

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.