Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

SURFING & SEALS IN PORT ELLIOT

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 18 February 2010 | Views [3895]

Port Elliot is a beach resort on the Flerieu Peninsula just about an hour south of Adelaide. 

We stayed at the brand new YHA hostel, Port Elliot Beach House, for a couple of nights in Ikea luxury. We'd highly recommend staying there, the man who runs the hostel, Ray, is a legend and helped us plan our forthcoming trip to Kangaroo Island.

We took the iconic horse drawn tram, a symbol of South Australia,to Granite Island where we saw a seal chilling out in the ocean and penguins relaxing on the rocks! Trent went surfing at Waitpinga Beach and quickly jumped out of the water when he saw a black shadow circling beneath him! A man told him he'd seen an 20 foot shark just a couple of weeks ago! Just a little taster for the shark diving in Port Lincoln.  We've also been staying a couple of nights at the Holiday Park on Horseshoe Bay, drinking beers and relaxing on the beach.

Despite the surf conditions being not so ideal, I had a surf lesson at Middleton Beach with Trent as my teacher!

Tomorrow we're getting on the ferry to Kangaroo Island where we'll be going to the Twilight Street Party in Kingscote, attending the Coopers Kangaroo Island Cup horse races, hanging out with the seals on Seal Bay, tasting the fresh seafood, quad biking, sand boarding and Kayaking. We'll let you know how it goes on here!

Happy Travels,

Vic & Trent

Tags: campervan, itinerary, port elliot, road trip, south australia, surfing, trent, vantastic, victoria, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.