Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

OCEAN TO OUTBACK: SWIMMING WITH DOLPHINS & TREKKING THE OUTBACK

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 February 2010 | Views [2003] | Comments [1]

Temptation Sailing with Wild Dolphins

Temptation Sailing with Wild Dolphins

Trent & I made the mission to Glenelg, known as the Bondi of Adelaide, and spotted some wild dolphins with Temptation sailing.

We hopped aboard the sailing boat and donned our wetsuits to swim with the happy sea creatures up close. Every time the crew shouted "Swimmers ready!" we had to lower ourselves into the water and hold onto a rope on the back of the boat. On the first swim we saw two dolphins under the water through our snorkels, one swimming on top of the other.

Unfortunately after a lot of false alarms and dolphin sitings, we didn't get to swim with any more dolphins but we got to see plenty from the boat. Maybe it was Trent that scared them away!

We sent a couple of days relaxing in Gelenelg, drinking beers at sunset on the pier and attempting to do some kite surfing, before heading into the outback on a 3 day adventure with Heading Bush!

We hiked the Flinders Ranges, spotted Emus and Kangaroos, cooked up a tasty BBQ, drank plenty of Coopers beers, ate al fresco at sunset, slept in swags under the stars, saw the breathtaking view of Wilpena Pound, enjoyed some wine tasting in the Clare Valley and fought away the flies!

After all that camping in the outback we're now back at the beach in Port Elliot staying in the brand new Beach House YHA, before heading over to Kangaroo Island!

Tags: adelaide, dolphin, dolphins, glenelg, south australia, swimming with dolphins, temptation sailing, trent, victoria, world nomads

Comments

1

Hey,

Tried to send you a DM on Twitter but couldn't for some reason. Email me and get my number - Carly and I would love to catch up with you and talk Vantastic - it seems like ages since we did the NSW leg & we miss Geoff! I'm leaving for Japan on the 1st of March, so if you're in Adelaide before then, let me know. Hope you're having a great time!

Kirsty

  Kirsty and Carly (Vantastic NSW) Feb 16, 2010 7:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.