Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

TRENT AND VICTORIA HEAD TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA IN GEOFF THE VAN!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 4 February 2010 | Views [1784]

Hi guys and welcome to our first blog post written from the van in the middle of nowhere on the Great Ocean Road! The beauty of technology...

We picked up Geoff the van from the Tazzie winners in Melbourne yesterday so let the Vantastic adventures continue! Fabian from Travellers Autobarn introduced us to our unmissable, brightly coloured home for the next few weeks and gave us a little unexpected test of our knowledge of the van.

After getting lost in the city for a couple of hours with the lady from the GPS system (who Trent has affectionately nicknamed Dora the Explorer), we finally managed to make it down to the coast and we're now on our way to the border of South Australia; first stop Mount Gambier!

This first couple of days we've been trying to get to grips with the van and the equipment...there's a lot to this camping business! We've been looking at all the goodies from South Australia tourism and trying to make a plan of action! Wine tours in the Barossa valley, quad biking on Kangaroo Island, swimming with sharks at Port Lincoln, staying in an underground lodge in Coober Pedy...there's going to be plenty to keep us entertained over the next few weeks!

Trent's been making friends with all the Ozzie locals and now has a little fan following. He's been doing most of the driving whilst I've been geeking out on the laptop! I've had a few lessons in Ozzie lingo "Heaps Good Mate"! We've been looking for waves, chilling on the beach, drinking goon on the pier in Lorne and experiencing all the joys of camping; $1 public showers, cooking plain pasta on a tiny stove, eating vegemite sandwiches, sleeping in van and doing lots of driving.  

Watch out for us in South Australia! We'll keep you posted!

Tags: road trip, south australia, trent, vantastic, vantastic adventures, victoria, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.