Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Feliz Cumpleaños to Me!

USA | Monday, 17 June 2019 | Views [228]

Morrison Inn

Morrison Inn

WITH ALL THE GOOD RESTAURANTS IN THE DENVER AREA, we still chose the Morrison Inn for John’s birthday meal.   For years the Inn was a dive well-known to the Sunday Harley crowd for its over-sized margaritas.  As the town became more gentrified, the Morrison Inn became a joint — a step up from "dive," at least in our opinion.

nn

   June 17

We had consumed many post-climbing margaritas at the Morrison Inn with Jim and Cathy so there was some nostalgia mixed with celebration.  Although achieving the age of three-score and twelve doesn’t seem like much of a reason for celebration, it’s at least worthy of chiles rellanos or, in Connie’s case, a giant taco salad.  Hold the margaritas, or we’ll be napping all afternoon.  We wish Cathy was still around to celebrate with us.

bb

   A reason to celebrate

It was freezing in the dining room so we sat at the bar after eating.  The bartender entertained us while we waited to pay our bill and surprised us with a celebratory fried ice-cream, complete with sparkler.  Fortunately, the staff didn’t sing!  Feliz Cumpleaños to Me!

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.