Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll

USA | Sunday, 9 June 2019 | Views [205]

Rocketman — Sex, Drugs and Rock-and-Roll

Rocketman — Sex, Drugs and Rock-and-Roll

I SAW ELTON JOHN LIVE AT MADISON Square Garden in the summer of ’82.  I can’t imagine what my host paid the scalper but our seats were only 50 feet from his piano.  Sure, I liked his music — Daniel, Your Song, Honky Cat — there are just too many to name but I had no idea about the man (men?) behind the music.

nn

     Up Close and Personal (photo from internet)

If you are chronologically more than 60 and/or mentally over the age of 12, there isn’t much from Hollywood worth getting excited about.  Which is why Connie and I took a chance on Rocketman on Sunday — at least we knew Elton John's music.  Senior tickets were only five bucks each and came with fully-reclining, heated Lazyboy-type seating and super-surround sound, of course.  Popcorn and a large diet-Coke set us back another $17, though — a bargain when compared to the dad who dropped $50 for a couple of pizzas and drinks!

b

    MONEY — Don't Leave Home Without It!

  Anyhow, the movie was pretty good — a trifecta of sex, drugs and rock-and-roll. The rather explicit sex scenes made Brokeback Mountain seem like a Dick and Jane (Dick and James?) reader, but since Elton himself was a producer it was probably mostly true-ish.  (This is a movie after all, Candace.)  But the music was fantastic and we left with a supply of ear worms to last us a month. 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.