Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Cruisin' Again

USA | Tuesday, 22 January 2019 | Views [183]

Last and final call

Last and final call

I CAN’T FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER WHERE IT CAME FROM — a travel poster for Barbados that adorned my Rutgers dorm room back in ’65.  I don't know what it was that attracted me — wasn't even sure where Barbados was — but anyplace would be nicer than New Brunswick, NJ!  After all these years and everywhere we’ve been, Barbados is still whispering, “Come see me.”

b

     Barbados, here I come!

Yes, we’re off again — a Caribbean cruise from Puerto Rico through the Antilles — but first we have to move the RV north near Tampa for storage.  We have booked a "park/fly/sleep" hotel in Orlando to relieve some pre-flight anxiety and it actually costs less than airport parking alone.  Jet Blue has some good deals on convenient flights to San Juan, the cruise price was hard to beat (vacationstogo.com, if you're interested) and the Celebrity Summit will dock at several islands we’ve missed.  Including Barbados.

bb     n

    Flying . . .                                       and Cruising 

It won’t surprise some of you that Connie has arranged a couple of days of birding in PR, pre-cruise.  We’ve scheduled in another free day after we return to San Juan to see some of the National Parks.  We hope the hurricane damage is finally cleaned up but when it comes to FEMA, who knows?  It might be a while before we can add more stories and photos but we hope you'll be patient and stick around.

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.