Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

A New Addition

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 2 October 2018 | Views [182]

Fatima and Zuriat

Fatima and Zuriat

FOR MOST AMERICANS, AN AFRICAN SAFARI is one of those “trips of a lifetime.”  But we have spent nearly two years in more than 20 African countries and we have seen much of the wildlife . We didn’t come so far and spend so much money just to see another freaking elephant!  Chaperoning Candace and Tim actually gave us an excuse to see Omari and his family once more. And to do some serious birding.

bb

   Fatima with flowers from us

Omari was able to track down my lost luggage so I'm fresh as a daisy.  Despite family obligations he made another airport run to pick up Andrea's friend, Becky — one of his drivers will fetch Tim, Candace and Andrea.  After lunch Omari took Becky and us to his home to see Fatima and meet tiny Zuriat, less that 24-hours old.  Fatima looks great! and Zuriat is perfectly lovely.  Fatima jokingly — we hope — blames us “tall wazungu” for this.  Every time we visit she has another baby and it might be best if we didn’t come back.  We also got to meet 18-year old Rehema who was away at school last time, and the lovely and bouncy Nuriat.  Miriam, now 15, is away at boarding school.

bb

    Connie, Nuriat and Zuriat

Tim, Candace and Anrdea arrived at Ambureni Coffee Lodge late last night so it was understandable that we were the only ones ready to go at 8AM.  No problem since we spent the entire day driving to Amani Nature Reserve, stopping only for money, booze and birds.  We did detour for lunch at Omari’s grandmother’s home to show her pictures of Fatima and the baby.  I hope the others appreciate how special it is to be invited into an African’s home — I know we do.

bb

    Omari and his Grandmother

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.