Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

And The Beat Goes On

USA | Friday, 30 October 2015 | Views [307]

Blue skies of Colorado, Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge

Blue skies of Colorado, Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge

THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION about our previous entry.  Our trip isn't TOTALLY over — we're just in another country, the USA.  After breakfast in Paris, lunch in Reykjavik, and dinner in Colorado — no wonder we’re confused.  And jet lagged, to boot.  We have replaced our travelworn clothing, refurbished the computer and even purchased our first “smartphone.”  Our European GPS, trusty Sir Clive, has been put out to pasture, replaced by Gabriella (Gabby for short) with a voice like Steven Hawking’s sister.  Welcome to the 21st Century.

After our hassles with the medical profession — a story familiar to many Americans — are finished we are buying a motorhome and confining our adventures to North America for 9 or 10 months of the year.  We will still travel outside the country on birding trips and other interesting opportunities and John says he will continue the blog.

,,

   Give me a home where the buffalo roam

We are staying with various friends for as long as they can tolerate us, visiting doctors and comparing motorhome options.  And somehow we managed to squeeze in a morning of birding at Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge.  No new species but the fall colors softened the blow of returning to the States.  Despite all that America has to offer, we are having trouble adjusting.  Maybe that’s not such a bad thing.

nn

   Birding buddies and gracious hosts, Tim and Candice

For more about our adventures see journals.worldnomads.com/vagabonds and journals.worldnomads.com/vagabondstoo

 

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.