Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Au Revoir

FRANCE | Saturday, 24 October 2015 | Views [383]

Ville de Lyon, last stop

Ville de Lyon, last stop

LYON MUST BE THE STAIR-MASTER OF FRANCE: everything seems to be uphill or down.  And a river runs through it — two rivers, actually, the Rhone and Saone, separated by the peninsula of Presqu’ile where we are staying.  Lyon is supposedly the most intact renaissance city in Europe and was once the silk manufacturing capital of Europe but it has a different significance for us.

m

    Up, up and away in Lyon

Lyon is the final stop on our four and a half year odyssey.

We haven’t mentioned it but we leave for home tomorrow — not that we have a physical home to go to.  We have done everything we hoped, visited nearly everyplace we wanted to go, seen more than we could have imagined and had one hell of a time.  We have visited 100 countries on seven continents and slept in more hotel beds than I want to contemplate and have survived on food that we couldn’t identify, let alone pronounce.  We’ve traveled by plane, train, ship, car, boat, taxi, bus and rickshaw.  We have met many interesting people and learned about the history and culture of their countries.  The world has changed in the past 54 months and so have we.  

Thanks for coming along with us and stay with us as we continue to travel throughout the USA and beyond.

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.