Existing Member?

vagabonds3 "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Prague Interlude

CZECH REPUBLIC | Saturday, 23 May 2015 | Views [293]

Prague

Prague

THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT PRAGUE.  Maybe it is the Danube.  Perhaps it is the fact that Prague escaped WW II unscathed.  Or maybe it is the pride shown by the Czechs in giving the old girl a face-lift after four decades of Communist neglect.  

nun     bb

   Something old...                             somehing new

Other European cities like Barcelona and Strasbourg have that plenty of charm in the historic centers but you can find it almost anywhere you wander in Prague.  You needn’t even know the names of the buildings or the specific style of architecture (and there are many) to get that peaceful easy feeling.

mm

   View from the Charles Bridge

Music is a big part of Prague.  There seems always to be a classical concert taking place somewhere — too often another performance of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.  But we  happened to arrive during “Prague Spring,” a month-long musical extravaganza, heavy on jazz and Dixieland that set our foots a-tappin’ as we wandered the streets.  It doesn’t exactly fit with the city’s Old World image but it brought a smile to our faces.

dog

     Man's best friend

 

About vagabonds3

John and Connie, Sheikh Zayad Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.