Existing Member?

Tracy's Journey

Celebrating Women’s Day

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 9 March 2011 | Views [448]

Tho Trang  Childcare Center

Tho Trang Childcare Center

Tuesday, March 8th was Women’s Day and we joined in many celebrations. The days before we spent preparing for the festivities; making cakes and arranging flower bouquets. There was a couple that was visiting Vietnam, Patricia & Joseph from San Diego. Patricia was previously a Waldorf teacher and is now doing Waldorf mentoring/consulting type of work and she wanted to visit the Waldorf schools while she was here. So we spent the day traveling to the other two schools visiting and taking Women’s Day gifts. It was really nice to see the warmth and care in two more places.  We also had the chance to talk a lot and she knew about Sophia Project. It was nice to talk about all the work that we had done there to someone who knew about it.  Then we had a big celebration when we arrived back at Tho Trang. The children gave roses to the teachers and the mothers and we had lots of special food.

Last weekend, I had the chance to roam a bit and checked out the city center. There are some beautiful buildings and gardens. I went to the Ben Thanh market, which is a big building full of stalls selling anything you can think of. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.