Existing Member?

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Life in the motherland

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 16 November 2012 | Views [756]

This blog update is long overdue but surprisingly I don’t have too much to report on, just living a bit more of a regular life here in the UK as compared to the jam packed adventures of travelling from place to place.

 

It’s absolutely freezing over here, I do miss the Spanish climate and of course the Spanish food but it’s nice to be back in the comfort of the family home and not having to deal with the dramas of work.

 

I’ve had a few dog sitting jobs since I’ve been back so I’ve found myself once again walking through the muddy heaths of the UK and earning my pounds which has been great. Apart from that I’ve been heading into the brilliant London once a week to see my friend Alice who thank god has kept me alive by letting me borrow her winter coat while I’m here! I’ve spent some time with my cousin Sade who lives in a more rural area called Market Harborough where she works as a vet and I’ve got an upcoming weekend with my other cousin Ade and his girlfriend Annika who live in Shoreditch, London.

 

It’s really nice to be in the UK not as a tourist this time but just enjoying London without having to rush around ticking off all the sights. It’s nice to be able to discover different places and to catch up with friends and family for a meal and a drink in places they know are good not what’s written in the tourist guide. Of course being a tourist is great and the first time I came here seeing Buckingham Palace and the rest was fun and exciting but this time around it’s nice to be able to be a bit more relaxed and just go with the flow.

 

I’ve got a few things left on my agenda before I head off to begin my African adventure so I’m filling up my days with a trip to the west end to see a theatre production, a big Nigerian family wedding, a day trip to Brighton, a weekend stay in London with Ade and a possible 3 or 4 day trip somewhere in Europe as a last hurrah before I find myself in the hot plains of Africa for the next adventure!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.